Did you know that… you can send your TwoNav’s files on the cloud using Dropbox in order to access to them wherever you are? And did you know that you can also download saved files (tracks, waypoints, maps) in your Dropbox in order to use them on TwoNav?
You first need to create a Dropbox account. Then, to send a file from TwoNav, follow these steps:
1. Open the contextual menu (long click) on the file you want to send. Among the options displayed, select “send to” button and then “Dropbox”. TwoNav will call Dropbox.
2. Enter the email and password of your Dropbox account.
3. The file will be send. The size of the files and the fluidity of internet connection will determine the speed and the duration of the transfer.
4. Once finalized, you will be able to access to your files from anywhere by openning your Dropbox.
If you want to download a file from Dropbox directly inside the application:
1. From Menu ‘Data>Internet Connection’, select “Dropbox” provider.
2. Then, enter your Dropbox details (email and password). Once connected, will appear on the screen all the documents you have in the cloud.
3. Select and download the file you need in TwoNav (tracks, waypoints, maps).
4. Once downloaded, it will be automatically placed in the right folder. For exemple, a track will be placed in Menu ‘Data>Tracks’.