Recently Open Street Maps (OSM) have achieved a worldwide impact due to the many possibilities that these kind of maps offer. Users have the chance to create their own vectorial maps with almost no difficulty. Below you will find an easy guide on how to create vectorial maps with our software for PC/Mac Land.
1. First of all, you must download the OSM files of the areas in which you are interested. In this case, we chose Portugal. There are different websources that provide Open Street Maps, such as:
2. Once you have found the area that you want to download, start the download by clicking on the *.OSM.BZ2 map that you have chosen.
3. Once the download is finished, unzip the *.BZ2 file to obtain the *.OSM file to be opened with Land (click here to download the free software Land). Display the entire map by selecting “zoom here” from the contextual menu of the map file (tree data). Adjust the zoom with the mouse wheel and scroll bars, by doing this the map will gain better definition.
4. Finally, if you want to display the map on TwoNav during your outdoor navigations, save the map in *.MPVF format. Once done, send the resulting map to your GPS device.
* TwoNav cannot properly read files in *.MPV format, but you can modify map layers using Land software.
** TwoNav can read *.MPVF files, but on the other hand it cannot be edited.